Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dance Revue Hair

My princess had her final dance revue a little while ago and she needed to have her hair pulled up tightly.  This is what we came up with. 
 I started by dividing out a 1.5 inch section of hair the whole way around the head.  I pull the rest of the hair inside the part into a tight ponytail.  I then divided my hair that I sectioned out into 7 squares - one in the front middle and 4 more on each side. 
 
I pulled each square into an elastic.  I then divided the hair from each elastic into two equal pieces and combined one piece from each adjacent elastic into it's own elastic about 2 inches from the first one.  Do this the entire way around the head to create a bit of a "net" look.  After I had my second row of elastics I added all the remaining hair into my center ponytail and secured it with a new elastic. 
I then grabbed a bun mold and created the center bun. 
 I separated the excess hair that was left over into two pieces and created Corkscrews out of each.  I wrapped the Corkscrews around the base of the bun and then secured them in place with some bobby pins. 
 I also sprayed her hair with glitter spray for her performance.  
  It was solid as a rock for the whole revue and that's exactly what we wanted!  :)

2 comments:

John and Suzi said...

This one is really pretty, I love it!

Cynthia Hatch said...

I can't wait to do this tonight for my daughters dance recital